Freddy facts of the week:
So you either didn’t see the post last week, or you just happened to fall victim to the current cold/flu buzzing around your home/school/workplace.Either way, here’s what you can do to get rid of it more efficiently so you can be back to your normal self in no time.
- Rest: I can’t stress enough to get as much sleep as possible. If you’re off work, sleep longer and nap when possible. If you have to continue working, minimize other activities to ensure you receive the proper sleep you need to fight off this bacteria/virus.
- Drink up: All that coughing and sneezing, (and if its the flu,any fluid emission from either end) makes you very dehydrated, make sure you ingest enough water to keep your system afloat
- Install a humidifier: Viruses and Bacteria thrive in dry, arid environments, by utilizing a cool air humidifier you can combat the virus in the air. You definitely want it running when you go to bed. These handy little fellas can be purchased at any major supply store (walmart, superstore, ikea)
- Take vitamin C: right now vitamin c is the best friend your immune system can have. Try and get your daily intake either by consuming fruits and vegetables or by taking a supplement.
- Take hot showers: the steam from your shower will help break up the phlegm in your chest and nose. Try to breathe as deeply as possible to help clear those airways.
Hopefully this helps you beat that nasty cold/flu, it works for me!
Good luck my darlings! Get better soon!
Photo by Randy Porter